- About Us
- Visions and Values
Visions and Values
Drapers’ Brookside Infant School is at the heart of the Harold Hill community.
We aim to offer all our pupils an excellent education and create opportunities that they have previously not had available.
We want everyone involved with Drapers’ Brookside Infant School to feel that they are a part of something inspirational; to be proud of the achievements of individual pupils and of our collective success. Our aim is to be recognised as a centre of excellence where learning is fun and the highest of standards are achieved.
We intend to achieve this by:
- Providing a stimulating, safe and purposeful environment within which each pupil is valued and motivated to strive for excellence in both academic achievement and personal development.
- Providing a diverse and balanced curriculum with a quality of teaching that fosters an enjoyment of learning and develops skills for life.
- Delivering a personalised approach to learning to promote enjoyment and achievement.
- Including and developing all pupils and providing equal opportunities for all.
- Developing successful leadership at all levels and from all parts of the school community.
- Working in close partnership with parents, governors and the wider community.
All pupils are expected to work hard, to support each other, to behave politely and co-operatively, to wear full school uniform, and to maintain good records of attendance and punctuality. In so doing, the foundations for a successful education will be laid. Our expectations are based upon mutual respect through identifying key rights and accompanying responsibilities.
- Everyone should feel happy and safe in their environment, gaining satisfaction from their activities and achievements.
- Everyone should know how to behave appropriately and take responsibility for their actions.
- Everyone should understand the importance of health and safety and be encouraged to develop a healthy lifestyle.
- Everyone should have first-hand knowledge of the local community as well as their roles and responsibilities within it.
- Everyone should be involved in the evaluation of their own performance together with the setting and achievement of realistic targets.
- Everyone is equal with respect to personal, social, spiritual and educational needs and should have equal access to the resources, opportunities and experiences which contribute to development.
- Everyone should have learning experiences which develop the resilience and willingness to adapt and adjust to a diverse and ever changing society where differences are respected and valued.
Everyone should have learning experiences which develop the resilience and willingness to adapt and adjust to a diverse and ever-changing society where differences are respected and valued.